Home

I'm depressed when I'm sober

Relieve the symptoms you're experiencing from being sober. Increase your energy. Give you more confidence. Improve your clarity and ability to think. Join Self-Help Support Groups. Perhaps one of the most important aspects of a self-help group when you're feeling depressed is to know that you're not alone OUT ON ALL PLATFORMSTHIRD TRACK OF THE EP 'BDII: The Story'Listen on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1Byr7ZaW7hKC5DFO4NIKsg?si=huWg6Ck-S_qIUHmAPfsGSg.. Depression in recovery is tough. In many ways it can be tougher than dealing with depression in active addiction. There is always help. 866-207-743 I'm always depressed when I'm alone and sober. What should I do? Title gives most of the info you need but I'll give some more details. I don't really drink but Ive been smoking weed everyday for the past 2-3 months because I can't escape extremely depressing thoughts while sober. I've also been trying to keep myself occupied with friends.

Sober and Depressed: How to deal with depression once you

Some people don't make these vital changes, and as a result, end up sober and miserable. That's why some people with decades of clean time are still angry, resentful, depressed, and hurting. If you are sober and you're still miserable, you may be suffering from the condition known in recovery circles as dry drunk syndrome. I'm newly sober (6 days) and I'm STRUGGLING with boredom. I always knew alcohol took up a lot of time in my life, but my mind has been blank about what to fill it with. These are absolutely awesome ideas and i appreciate knowing that I'm not the only dealing with these new parts of sobriety Now I'm sober - well I sleep great! I sleep the blissful sleep of a sober person every night pretty much. Regularly I wake up and am like 'Whoa! Another eight hours just like that!' I'm sure this tiredness is a big part of why we feel so awful when we are locked into a boozy lifestyle I'm 30 days sober today! 30 days ago I rededicated my life to God! I was depressed, worried about my marriage, my life choices, and had no idea why I was even living. I felt like everything I touched i screwed up and i felt like i wasn't good enough for anything or anyone. I drank my sorrows away with a bottle of wine EVERY SINGLE NIGHT

The 6 Worst Parts Of Getting Sober (Nobody Tells You About) John Cheese the Great and Powerful wrote a pretty legendary column a few years back about his experiences with sobriety. I read it while hungover a few months ago and thought, Hey, maybe I should stop drinking for 30 days and see what all the fuss is about The best therapy for the severely depressed is distraction. Engross yourself in any activity that can keep your mind off the pain—just as you would if you were healing from a hip or knee replacement. I am unable to read when I'm depressed, so I make phone calls, even as it's hard to follow a conversation

When I'm Sober - BDII: DEPRESSION - YouTub

1. I'm sober, I'm depressed and I hate AA After nearly six years sober, I almost wish I was drinking again. By Cary Tennis Published March 17, 2011 1:01AM (EDT) --Shares. Facebook. Twitter
  2. Little depressed But then again Maybe it's just 'cus I'm making bad decisions 'Cus I'm only me when I'm not sober And I've been drunk since last October I take a walk out in the rain, the rain But it just doesn't feel the same, the same, the same I'm only me when I'm not sober I'm blacked out when the party's over I take a walk out in the rain.
  3. I was always a 'friendly' drunk. That's the only crumb of comfort that I've got from those days of madness! This borne out by my own, hazy memories and the testimony of my 'friends'. Apparently, I would turn into 'Sir Rowley Birkin, Q.C.' (see 'Th..
  4. Hi I'm a mum on my own. Have come out of a DV marriage have somehow got into a routine of 3 wines a night. I say 3 because it's bloody tough not to have more. 49 have a good job but yes bored for latter part of evening as Tired and dinner and bed routine
  5. i'm always depressed when sober actually extremely depressed and dysfunctional could it be the result of lots of alcohol abuse? 1 doctor answer • 1 doctor weighed in. Share. Dr. Bernard Seif answered. Clinical Psychology 40 years experience. Alcohol: is a depressant. The aftermath of a bout of drinking has physical and psychological effects
  6. I'm blacked out when the party's over. I takе a walk out in the rain, the rain. But it just doesn't numb thе pain. I'm only me when I'm not sober. (Verse 2) I'm all alone. Don't have no.

No one seems to care that I'm sober (people I know well are used to it and new people are usually impressed or curious), but it's still isolating, particularly when drinking used to be my go-to resource for easing my social anxiety. But, for me, the little bit of loneliness is worth the positive benefits of being sober. LESSON # I'm 64 and still drinking. both my parents were alcoholics and my mother died at 62 from malnutrition, she drank and smoked herself to death. she was 68 pounds when she died. my sister was a smoker and died 11 years ago at 62 from a stroke, my brother died of suicide 10 years ago. after drinking a bottle of j.d. he took a fork to his wrist and. I'm Depressed and Drinking Too Much. Why Does No One Seem to Care? I think I need help. I am very depressed . I feel like I'm stuck in a hole because of my drinking - and people just seem to walk by and don't even care about what I'm going through. I have said for a long time that drink is the only thing that helps me feel just that bit.

I'm currently drunk and depressed. I feel ya. celticnoel 03/05/2018. I'm 34 years sober . But recently I've been so down about losing all my hobbies due to my health ( nothing too major) just hamburger knees etc. plus some other losses I don't even know why I lost .But I know a drink would only manage to make things worse, Even though it. I'm drinking so I'm not depressed and anti social at this point. I can actually think and hold conversations that I never could sober. I don't even know how to talk really when I'm sober. I don't really even know what my hobbies are anymore or really have passion for anything My depression now that I'm sober. How's my depression now that I stopped drinking wine, you ask. I feel numb. Not especially happy or sad. Emotionless, I suppose, would be a good word for how I feel. I fake excitement and joy so my kids think I care about what happens in their lives

When I'm free of criticism, and judgments of my imperfections. This helps me to ask with all my heart to ask without reservation, we've gotten here, by going through the previous Steps in AA of especially Step 4, and Step 5, getting to really look at ourselves and seeing —Whoa, there's a lot more than a drinking problem going on here—. Step 6 is where we start to see, —Okay, I'm. So depressed when I'm sober. When I'm drunk it's cloud nine. Oprah's not even on yet, and I can barely stand. I drink booze that's been bottled, I drink booze from a can. And I puke in my shoes and in my baby grand. I got hooch shootin' out of my mammary glands! It's 10 A.M. and I'm drunk as a skunk Thanks for asking a great question. It sounds as though you're motivated to stay sober -that's awesome. I'm really glad you reached out. There are several possible reasons why you feel anxious/depressed when you stopped smoking. Regardless of the.

The only time I'm depressed is taking anti-depressants. Those are the hours and days where I do nothing, feel nothing, and want nothing from life. Those are the times where I stare at nothing for three hours and feel content with hating everything about myself. I couldn't quite describe this to Doctor-Number-Two, based on how.. I'm sick of hating who I am. The truth is, I'm tired. Bone deep, soul-weary tired. I'm in a constant battle with all that drinking taught me, sober, and I'm barely surviving because having control means that I don't have to be powerless. I can't cry anymore. I can't ask why anymore. I can't feel my soul bleed anymore I think I'm depressed. The past few months have been great. But the past couple of weeks, I've been spending more and more time in bed. When I'm not at work, I'm laying in bed, on my computer, and watching Netflix simultaneously. I haven't felt much like writing. I've been reading, but reading self-help books that seem to be fueling. Why do I feel depressed when I'm not smoking weed? 74 Answers. Last Updated: 11/30/2020 at 10:50pm. 1 Tip to Feel Better. that weed can be something you do for fun rather than to escape your problems and then have to deal with them once you sober up. Did you find this post helpful? 0. Flamel99 November 29th, 2019 12:29am. I'm Sam Lorden Bowles, a recovered alcoholic with nineteen years of sobriety. I wanted to start this blog to clearly relate a lot of relevant information on alcohol recovery and the sober life. I want to give back, having established a stable, happy life. I run my own heating and cooling business and enjoy reading and running. Sam Lorden Bowle

Depression in Recovery - A Message from Sober Nation

I'm always depressed when I'm alone and sober

Sober But Miserable? You Could Have Dry Drunk Syndrome

Sometimes it can change your perceptions for the worse. Just like with all drugs some experience some but not all may experience negative side effects. Some people get this side effect and pot just seems to make some people apathetic and can't be. Derealization - I feel like im high!(Completly Sober) newportttttttt. Anxiety has subside and so as the worrying but due to this feeling of derealization. I've become depressed. Sometimes I feel like there's no way out and that this will never go away. it feels like a bad high and I'm feeling it 24/7 till the time I wake up and till the.

Sober and bored? It's Normal

Tiredness. - Living Sobe

Additionally, you can check out sober raves and events like Daybreaker, a super-charged morning rave that is 100% sober. Although Daybreaker is online currently (as is most of the world), hopefully by mid-to-late 2021, they'll be up and running live events again I'm wondering that myself. I lost my business in 2009 and still made a small amount of shrinking income since thenuntil last year when the work completely dried up. I was a commercial photographer. I'm depressed and always tired and just wish I wasn't alive. But I'm stuck and really trying to find a new path I'm a week sober now and have started to feel slightly better but can't sleep which is driving me crazy. I look at my wife and daughter and adore them so much but realize what a selfish fuck i am by doing this to my body and mind. We have this beautiful existence in the country and i'm rolling the dice in the hope that i won't get sick. what a. That's what I'm obsessed with. At the same time, though, I'm aware that I'm tearing myself down. I see what I'm doing to myself, and another level of awareness opens up. I want to stop the depression. I really want to feel better. I may not be able to do much to end it, but I know I want to come alive again. I can start there Hi.. i have been sober for 2 months now and still dont feel really any better i usto use alcohol daily where ever i went to make me feel good and about myself and depend on it to get rid of the depression and anxiety syptomps i be facing daily from a panick attack that happened a few years ago either from the weed or alcohol but either way.

Alone and so depressed. Well yeah I'm still in bed. I'm a 10 out of fucking 10. And ever since 2010. I haven't had that much rest. I need someone to tuck me into bed. I need some rest. Are. I like being sad because it gives me time — time to reflect, be quiet, be still, and just think. Sad allows me to center myself. It allows me to regroup, reorganize, and throw things together in ways that I never would have thought of had I been happy. Happiness is distracting, complicated, and subjective I'm guessing you have a drinking problem, so first of all, you need to not only stop drinking but get sober. Whether that means going to AA meetings or seeing a therapist, you need to get some support and help with learning who you really are It's 10.24 pm, I'm lying in bed, I've taken a couple of valium about 4-5 hours ago that have long since worn off, I'm exhausted from a rough night with my children, yet I cannot sleep. My heart is racing, and I have a sober anxiety, I know a drink will fix it, but I'm doing everything I can to abstain. 12 days sober Many people experience hangxiety, after heavy drinking. Experts explain five things that may cause those anxious, depressed, or guilty feelings after a night of too much alcohol

When You Get Sober, First You Get Tired. It's just a natural consequence of malnutrition for so many years, and the transition from your body moving from alcohol as a primary fuel to actual food. Eat lots of good fats. Stay away from excessive carbs and sweets and caffeine. Get into a moderate exercise routine. Learn to cherish green tea. Sleep My depression now that I'm sober. How's my depression now that I stopped drinking wine, you ask. I feel numb. Not especially happy or sad. Emotionless, I suppose, would be a good word for how I feel. I fake excitement and joy so my kids think I care about what happens in their lives

‘If you don’t get help, I’m moving out

Some benefits take a LONG time to emerge

1. I'm so glad I found your website. I've been sober 60 days. I'm in a program which is helping with my emotional changes. My eating is out of control, especially sugar cravings. I've been beating myself up for not having control over it. It's good to hear this to will pass and I am not alone
  2. I'm sober now. I just woke. I'm debating loading a bowl now, but I'm typing much better now and I feel two familiar feelings, anxiety and anticipation (for that bowl). I pretty much cannot not feel anxious when I'm sober. I've felt anxious my entire life, and only if I'm in a real comfortable setting can I let loose
  3. Rita July 4th, 2018 at 12:48 AM . Those feelings you listed are part of depression too, it is really underneath an anxiety disorder. Jim May 9th, 2019 at 2:34 A
Clenitha Comes Home to Sister Circle - Calvary Women's

It's because your brain doesn't function at the same speed as it does when you're sober. Dwelling on the good and bad doesn't happen. Most of the time you focus on what makes you happy, sad or angry, but very rarely all of the above. When I'm drunk I'm happy because I focus on the good rather than the bad My depressed, anxiety-stricken, suicidal, alcoholic husband. I'm a better (and sober) dad than I've ever been. Quit enabling him. Reply. Sandra says. May 27, 2017 at 9:14 pm. Thanks for sharing. I am preparing for divorce and my husband is an alcoholic and trying to get physical custody of my 6 year old son. I am trying to get a lawyer. Search titles only; Posted by Member: Separate names with a comma. Newer Than: Search this thread only; Search this forum only. Display results as thread Today, I'm happy to say I am 12 years sober! Unfortunately it was only the first 12 years of my life and I've been drunk ever since. Quincy inherited a large sum of money at a young age from his father, but he wasted it all on illicit drugs and became destitute and homeless It was on Smack Jeeves that I first launched Because I'm Depressed in 2013. When I reminisce about Smack Jeeves, it won't be about its ignominious final year. It will be to the warm and enthusiastic community I was able to be a part of. It will be to the creator-friendly and reader-friendly platform that allowed the site to flourish

The 6 Worst Parts Of Getting Sober (Nobody Tells You About

I'm in disbelief. The memories of my former life flash back to me and leave a crushing feeling of hollow and anxiety in my chest. My life is in stalemate. I have a two-year-old daughter who's growing and I'm missing these could-be-unforgettable and loving experiences. I'm 42 and living back home now. I can't believe this is my life Just coming out of the 100-Day Sober Challenge joint journey working on my personal day 195 i've been sober for all 2021. i've been sober during a global pandemic. i don't get out of my sober car for nothing! Here is my new pledge (thoroughly typed not copy paste ): I've done 100 [194] days sober, and I. If you are serious about quitting meth, call Sober Nation to receive respectful insight and treatment options. 866-207-7436. Contact Sober Nation's Sponsored Hotline If you are seeking drug and alcohol related addiction rehab for yourself or a loved one, the SoberNation.com hotline is a confidential and convenient solution If I'm depressed, anxious, pissed off, angry, sad, mad, whatever, that is perfectly alright and you have a right to feel those feelings. We are human, not robots. With saying all that, obviously there has to be some responsibility on my end

When You're REALLY Depressed: 7 Ways to Manage Severe

Now you're depressed because that's exactly what you didn't want to be. So you change your ways, you find a good job, you save some money, you bought your first car, you have your own home, you raised your own child, and you're doing great for yourself. Your parent comes back into your life because they're finally sober To the ones who never left me, we've been down this road before I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore. I'm sorry to my future love For making love the way I saved for you inside my head And. The best way to tell your parents is to explain to them that you've been depressed and down lately and you're worried about it. Tell your parents also why you're depressed (if that's possible). Or arrange an appointment with a professional to determine what causes your depression I'm here to tell you that you can do SO MANY THINGS SOBER that you can't do drunk (like drive a car for one). You can learn a new instrument, learn how to cook something delicious, workout at the gym, go biking, read a book, and mainly you can just be aware and mindful of the present moment, this is something that alcohol completely.

So depressed when I'm sober When I'm drunk it's cloud nine Oprah's not even on yet, and I can barely stand I drink booze that's been bottled, I drink booze from a can And I puke in my shoes and in my baby grand I got hooch shootin' out of my mammary glands! It's 10 A.M. and I'm drunk as a skunk Eggs, bacon and booze That's why I've got so much. Hi everyone. First off, let me say I've got 40 days sober. Woo! The issue that I'm having is that I'm extremely depressed (let me add that I don't have any thoughts of harming myself). I have no motivation to do anything. I don't seem to have an interest in anything. I don't want to hang out with friends, exercise, socialize, participate in. Hi, I'm Josh, and I'm a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I've been clean and sober since 2008. This blog is where I share the lessons I've learned in finding my path of recovery. You can find out more here. Follow @cleanandsoberl

» I Tried Cannabinoids for Depression and I'm Still Sober. I Tried Cannabinoids for Depression and I'm Still Sober 0. By Susanna Brisk + on Recovery. Share. Twitter Facebook Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email. Recently I got extremely depressed. The kind of depressed where an unschooled observer might have assumed I had advanced MS. I just start to realize all the things that are bad or wrong in my life, and sometimes I even contemplate quitting smoking weed while I'm high, because I start thinking it's bad for me or something. However, when I sober up I'm completely fine, not depressed or anything, and I no longer see anything wrong with smoking weed, nor do I think it's. I'm sorry I didn't get that message from the original post when perhaps I should have. Im really happy I found your blog. You have powerful things to say that can help people. This I WANT to be sober, but it's not working. It's hard. I don't like it. I'm sad, miserable, depressed, scared every single day. That's my entire. None of these things are magic cures for anxiety or depression, but now that I'm sober, they make a lasting, meaningful difference. At no time is this shift more apparent than during the. A depressed person's brain is far less active than a not depressed brain. If you have been hard on yourself because you feel like you have failed by trying to use positive thinking to cure yourself, take a step back. Look at the brain scan again. Sigh a breath of relief. Now really think about what you need

I'm sober, I'm depressed and I hate AA Salon

I'm an alcoholic and nearing 2 months sobriety and one thing that I cannot seem to shake is this depression that I have consuming my thoughts. Whilst in previous posts I've commented on being physically present but mentally absent from my children whilst I was drinking, in the short term this subsided, but now it's back again In fact, when I first got sober, the gym was the only thing I had. Through my drug use and addiction, I had run a lot of people out of my life. I used to call my sponsor all the time and say, I'm so lonely. I don't feel like I'll ever find friends or a girlfriend ever again. He was a huge help to me

Why we get sober. We get sober because we can no longer live with the consequences of alcohol. But when I'm drinking or depressed, my instruments get covered in dust. I haven't played for a long time. Jan says: August 28, 2012 at 7:49 pm. Thank you my blog friends! Crazy Talk: I'm Depressed but My Parents Don't Believe I Need a Therapist Hi Sam, I am 17 years old and I strongly suspect that I have major depression. Whenever I've tried to raise this to. 17. I'm not trying to get rid of depression, I'm trying to live with it. I know it seems like we are all searching for a cure to depression. But in truth, I'm just searching for a peaceful coexistence with it. That would be more than enough for me. 18. Pills don't make me happy, period Likes Received: 909. #3 homestarstoner, May 10, 2014. theres nothing permanently fucked about you man. just go for a sober month and take some omega 3s. also excercise and sweat out all the old dope while your at it. youll come out feeling a new man I resonate with everything you say re weekends. It's how to create a sober plan. I'm in my 40's and feel the fun aspect is gone from alcohol. I no longer getting a buzz or a high as my tolerance is so high. I live in an extremely judging society so I'm isolated and cannot talk about it

Sober Up Lyrics: Hello, hello / I'm not where I'm supposed to be / I hope that you're missin' me / 'Cause it makes me feel young / Hello, hello / Last time that I saw your face / Was recess i I'm currently on my second day of being sober. Yes I know that is lame but I have to start somewhere. I'm 23, had a horrible event take place in my life in December and since then have been going rapidly down hill. My decision to quit was something I did after I finally accepted that drink is highly detrimental to my mental state

Abigail Barlow - I'm Only Me (When I'm Not Sober) Lyrics

[Verse 2] Full of misery, I've been tryna get this over I'll let it be, now I'm feeling sober Burning like a fire, but I don't feel myself enough, I isolate myself when I'm stressed or. I'm not going to get a lot of sympathy from people, frankly, he said on the episode. I mean, I have the best job in the world, let's face it. I go anywhere I want, I do what I want 100 Days Sober. 2021.07.31 05:51 Waygonner 100 Days Sober latest news. 100 days without a hangover. 100 days without heartburn. 100 days of repair. Feels great! submitted by Waygonner to stopdrinkin

Are you a happy drunk, depressed drunk, angry drunk or

3. I'm so proud of you. Whether it's going to meetings, seeing a counselor, or educating themselves about recovery, your loved ones work hard to try to stay sober and clean. Let them know regularly that you are proud of them for taking full responsibility for their life I'm either very joyous or really depressed. When she isn't touring or recording, Hart leads a quiet life in LA with her husband Scott, who is also her production manager, and loves to garden.

I'm Bored And Drinking Gives Me Something To Do

I'm usually free after lunch when I get out after a 28-hour shift, while my friend is in the middle of her workday. I'm usually asleep when she gets off work and so we don't get to talk much. Eating out too much made me continue to gain weight and I totally have lost self-control on I'm Sober. Now what? Mary started drinking and using pills when she was 15. She is now 28 and has a year of sobriety. She works in the field of finance and has her own apartment. Most of her time is spent at work and going to 3-4 AA meetings a week. She has thought about joining a gym but just hasn't done it yet Day 2 coming to an end here. I'm reading your blog from start to finish. I need to do this for me and for my son who is almost 5. I don't want him to know me as a drinking mama, I want him to know a happy sober mama. I'm a single mom so the nights without him are hard but I'm going to work really hard to make this stick this time I'm depressed and maybe if I'm more honest about these emotions that are representative of the rawness of my reality, the silence won't be bigger than I am, that I realize that what is going to destroy me is not how I have been feeling but how I'm always running away from experiences in my life I have not shared on social media But because if some I've never heard anybody say anything other than I'm sober. I never heard anybody say I'm sober but I feel like I'm depressed or I never put I never had anybody put an emotion behind I'm sober. Yeah. And you just said I feel like a sober scum. Well, because you know and when you're hitting bottom, right

lets get drunk on TumblrHaylee RRachel Maddow On Cyclical Depression: "You Sort Of

'I'm here.' This will help more than you realise - but back it up with action. Call. Visit. Make contact. The very nature of depression means that the depressed person will be unlikely to reach out to you. Show them you have enough reach in you for both of you. It will make a difference. Narrow your offer of help Yes, even Christians, praying Christians, can become depressed. Unfortunately, along with grace, love and forgiveness, we learn very quickly in our Christian walk that negativity is a no-no, and that we must always be up and positive, because we are living letters to the world that tell about God's gifts of joy and happiness I have had 2 major depressive episodes in my life. I am currently very addicted to alcohol and to cocaine. I was not very depressed but I always have anxiety and some other issues that I think I self medicated with drugs and alcohol. I think that now the drugs and drinking are just making me. Camila was 17, and four months sober when the pandemic started. She shared her struggles and triumphs through maintaining that progress with KUOW's Radioactive Youth Media program. https://www. One theory of boredom comes from psychoanalysis. The theory states that boredom is anger and hostility that a person turns against the self resulting in the feeling of boredom. There are a few studies from the 1990's that seem to substantiate at least a correlation between boredom and anger plus hostility Now I'm drinking faster then the others. But only slightly. Almost to the end of the glass. I'm nostalgic. Not depressed. This is not giving me contentment. Drinking is letting go of me. I still want drinking to want to be with me even if I choose not to be with it. And This is only 1 mindful BEER? I don't want another